Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive show news, updates, and more!
All About The Courtship, NBC's New Regency Dating Show—And Your Next Obsession
It's a romance novel in reality TV form.
Any romance-novel fans know Regency-era England is one of the dreamiest periods in history. And now we have The Courtship, a new dating series from NBC, which proves this even more.
Premiering Sunday, March 6, at 8 p.m. ET on NBC—and airing next-day on Peacock—The Courtship trades in swiping for chivalry, jeans for waistcoats, and ghosting for ballroom dances. It centers on Nicole Rémy, a software engineer from Seattle, WA who's over finding love the modern way. So she's decided to travel back to Regency-era England where 16 suitors await to court her, old-fashioned-style.
What does that mean, exactly? The guys will be taking cues from their Regency brethren and wowing Remy with their manners and etiquette. They'll engage in historically accurate activities to impress her, like writing handwritten letters, doing archery, rowing boats, and learning intricately choreographed dances.
They'll also be seeking the approval of Rémy's family. In the Regency era, family played a huge role in which romantic unions moved forward, and Rémy's case is no exception. Her Court—consisting of her mother, father, sister, and best friend—will be with her every step of the way, selecting dates and helping her decide who she'll ultimately pick.
The trailer, which you can watch above, shows you more of what's to come.
The Courtship truly has everything: a castle! High tea! Shirtless dudes riding horses! What more could you ask for, really? Here are a few more details to get you excited:
Who is Nicole Rémy?
Hailing from Lakewood WA, Rémy has been a go-getter from the start. In high school, she was vice president of the National Honor Society and served as cheerleading captain for two years. Then, in college at the University of Southern California—which she attended on a Dean Academic scholarship—she was part of the USC Song Girls and president of her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. Naturally, she graduated Cum Laude and began work as an architecture associate. While Rémy was doing this, she also danced with the Seattle Seahawks NFL cheerleading team for two years. No big deal!
Like many of us, the pandemic caused Rémy to rethink her life, and she made a career shift to coding. She's now a software engineer and product manager on the founding team of a tech startup. Aside from work, Rémy is a fitness enthusiast and loves exploring the Pacific Northwest through different workouts. She also loves nature, reading, and practicing sustainability and mindfulness wherever she can.
Who is in Rémy's Court?
A close-knit circle of family and friends:
- Dr. Claire Spain-Rémy: mother and retired OB-GYN
- Mr. Claude Rémy: father and real estate developer
- Mrs. Danie Baker: sister and CPA (who also started a food blog called Hey Danie Bakes!)
- Ms. Tessa Cleary: friend and architectural associate
Who are Rémy's suitors?
Get all the details about the men vying for Rémy's affection here. See their names, below.
- Mr. Daniel Bochicchio (Staten Island, NY)
- Mr. Giuseppe Castronovo (Point Pleasant, NJ)
- Mr. Lincoln Chapman (Nashville, TN)
- Mr. Christian Lee Cones (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mr. Lewis Echavarria (Miami, FL)
- Mr. Jaquan Holland (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mr. Daniel “Dan” Hunter (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mr. Derek Kesseler (Vancouver, BC)
- Capt. Danny Kim (Seoul, South Korea)
- Mr. Alex “Achilles” King (San Diego, CA)
- Mr. Chandler “Chan” Luxe (West Hollywood, CA)
- Mr. Charlie Mumbray (Sevenoaks, England)
- Mr. Peter Saffa (Defiance, MO)
- Dr. Jarrett Schanzer (Miami, FL)
- Mr. Nate Shanklin (Sacramento, CA)nb
- Mr. Caleb Ward (Hampton,VA)
Does The Courtship have a host?
Yes! Please meet Rick Edwards, writer, broadcaster, and presenter for BBC Radio's 5 Live Breakfast show. He's hosted eight seasons of BBC One’s popular daytime quiz show Impossible plus the season wrap-ups for Made in Chelsea, a successful U.K. reality series. You can follow him on Instagram @rickedwards1.
How can I watch The Courtship?
It premieres Sunday, March 6 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. New episodes air the following Sundays at 8 p.m. ET on NBC and will be available the next day on Peacock.