Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive show news, updates, and more!
How You Can Donate Blood for Transplant's Partnership with the American Red Cross
In honor of the Canadian medical drama's Season 3 premiere on NBC, a series of blood drives will be held throughout the country in October.
What's perhaps better than your favorite TV show returning after a long hiatus? Giving back.
In celebration of Transplant Season 3 premiering on Thursday, September 12 at 9/8c, the American Red Cross has partnered with NBCUniversal to host a series of blood drives from October 8 through 21 in five states throughout the country: Maryland, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
This cause is fitting, seeing as the Canadian series is a medical drama which follows Dr. Bashir "Bash" Hamed (Hamza Haq), a Syrian refugee in Toronto who resumes his medical career after restarting his emergency medicine residency at the fictional York Memorial Hospital. Bash is passionate about medicine and helping others, which we've seen on display since Season 1. In the upcoming third season he'll pursue Canadian citizenship for himself and his sister Amira (Sirena Gulamgaus), in addition to adjusting to the absence of Chief Bishop and his replacement, Dr. Devi (Rekha Sharma).
The series also stars Laurence Leboeuf as Magalie “Mags” Leblanc, Ayisha Issa as Dr. June Curtis, Jim Watson as Dr. Theo Hunter, Torri Higginson as head nurse Claire Malone, and Gord Rand as Dr. Mark Novak.
"We see a different version of Bash than we’ve seen in the past," Haq told TV Meg about the third season. "There’s a bit more confidence and arrogance that he can exude because... obviously he thinks very highly of himself as a doctor, and considered himself highly capable, but there’s always been this like protocol thing where you can’t prove it or, you know, it’s one more, one wrong move and you’re out kind of thing. And I think without that tension or that pressure that’s being put on him, I think he’s able to flourish and flex his chops more as an individual, for better or for worse."
A total of 18 locations will be available across Baltimore, Dallas, Detroit, Nashville, and Norfolk where you can give blood. Donors will also receive special Transplant T-shirts, dash Tumblers, and even be provided a preview of the series. Find more information below:
Where are the Transplant and Red Cross blood drive locations?
You can donate blood at the following locations in the U.S. from October 18-21:
- Baltimore Mt Hope Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 4700 Mount Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
- Timonium Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 2405 York Road, Suite 300, Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093
- Baltimore White Marsh Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 8114 Sandpiper Circle, Suite 118, Nottingham, MD 21236
- Ann Arbor Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 4624 Packard Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- Bloomfield Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 4190 Telegraph Road, Suite 1200, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
- Farmington Hills Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 31150 Haggerty Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48331
- Flint Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 1401 S. Grand Traverse, Flint, MI 48503
- Lansing Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 1729 E Saginaw, Lansing, MI 48912
- Livonia Red Cross Blood Donation Center - University Park Building 36650 Five Mile Road, Livonia, MI 48154
- Riverview Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 14031 Pennsylvania Road, Riverview, MI 48192
- Warren Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 13260 East Eleven Mile Road, Warren, MI 48089
- Brentwood Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 91 Seaboard Lane, Brentwood, TN 37027
- Murfreesboro Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 501 Memorial Boulevard, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
- Nashville Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 2201 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203
- Irving Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 2511 W Lyndon B Johnson Freeway, Irving, TX 75063
- Plano Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 741 N US-Central Expy, Plano, TX 75075
- Norfolk Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 250 West Brambleton Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23510
- Virginia Beach Red Cross Blood Donation Center - 4554 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Suite 105, Virginia Beach, VA 23462