- Zahradkas: Mullet Over
- Lehman-Cobbs: Whats-her-face
- Delvecchios: Ring Me Up Sometime
- Marks: Sofa Bed Dead
- Davardos: Blinded by the Light
- Davises: Joy of Sox
- Romanos: Thumbs Down
- Smith-Crawfords: Outfit Outrage
- Capells: Couch Potato
- Magics: Knife at the Wife
- Monroys: Off the Hook
- Rodriguezes: Stripper Chic
- Arkenburgs: The Man Friend
- Arringtons: Sexy Schedule
- D'Amores: Decaf Dispute
- Hamiltons: Bored of the Rings
- Burrises: Cuckoo for Coupons
- Changs: Love Me, Love My Duck
- Galans: Derby Dilemma
- Rubins: Driven Crazy
- Argies: Ghostbusted
- Hankersons: Solitary Pursuits
- Ragins: Green Bean Casserole
Salinero-Wighs: Tacky or Kitsch?
- Carpentier-Saloms: Dishtress
- Drewers: Blonde Ambition
- Fitzpatricks: Peed-Off
- Maurers: Little Friends
- McZeals: Cooking up Resentment
- Beauregards: The Wrath of Zeus
- Burns: The Motorcycle
- Palestrinis: The Rapper
- Cohens: Toiletry Treasure
- Hawkins: Backup Plan
- Mulvihills: Amish Paradise?
- Wongs: Bad-minton
- Goldmans: Good Clean Lovin'
- Harpers: Always Something There to Remind Me
- Banners: A Lizard to Love
- Spiegels: Oedipus Wrecks
- Ramundos: The Metrosexual
- Rios: The Forbidden Table
- Wizas: Get Flossed
- Kohlenbergs: The Ring Toss
- Ridolfis: Stuffed Dog Dilemma
- Hunters: Stripper Pole
- The Husband
- The Wife
The SituationOedipus Wrecks
Psychiatrist and neurologist Clive Spiegel met his wife Jacqueline on the phone before they ever met face to face. They had each called a relationship phone line for singles in New York. "I just loved the sound of his voice," she coos.
But even 14 years later, an interval at which most married couples would have worked out their inter-family dynamics, the Speigels still have a very real and ongoing issue: Clive's relationship with his mother. Clive has always been extremely close to her, confiding in her, and seeking her advice on most everything.
The core problem is that Clive's mother really doesn't feel that Jacqueline is good enough for her son. "She's so judgmental. She's critical of everything," Jacqueline wearily observes.
Clive's mother is seen telling her son: "She's an uneducated girl." And she has some words for Clive too: "I think you are a yellow-bellied coward. You are 45 years old Clive. If you don't have sex now with your wife, when will you?" Apparently this has not been a case of physician heal thyself.
DID THE REF MAKE THE RIGHT CALL?
The panel groans. Ricky is the first to respond. "He's got to get rid of the mother." Larry: "This is the Oedipus complex run amok. This guy is in love with his mother. The wife has no chance. He should move in with the mother and start sleeping with her."
Madonna believes that "the wife must like to be abused. She should throw the mother out."
Larry agrees. "The mother should not be allowed in that house. And if she is, she should be muzzled."
Even Tom is critical: "She's like a Bond villain." His call is pretty straightforward. He tells Clive, "The only time I want you talking to your mother is on her birthday, Mother's day, and on Sunday for 15 minutes."
The Spiegels received a Luxury Included® Second Honeymoon to any of the three Sandals Resorts located in St. Lucia: Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa, Sandals Halcyon Beach or Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort. For more information, please visit sandals.com.
Travel journals coming soon!