The Sound of Music
Watch the full episode of the must-see event online now.
"The Listener" centers on Toby Logan (Craig Olejnik, "The Timekeeper"), a 25-year-old paramedic who has a big secret -- he's a telepath. Until now, Toby kept his ability hidden, exploring its possibilities only with his longtime mentor and confidant, Dr. Ray Mercer (Colm Feore, "24: Redemption"). As he makes the rounds with his energetic paramedic partner "Oz" Bey (Ennis Esmer, "Young People F*#king"), "The Listener" follows Toby as he tries to help people in crisis, and in the process unravel the truth about his past. While his professional life is in check, Toby's personal life could use its own rescue. And with the help of Detective Charlie Marks (Lisa Marcos, "Diary of a Mad Black Woman") and his E.R. doctor/ex-girlfriend Olivia Fawcett (Mylène Dinh-Robic, "Da Vinci's City Hall"), Toby realizes his gift can help others.
"The Listener" was developed by award-winning Shaftesbury Films and Canadian broadcaster CTV and produced in association with CTV, FIC and NBC. The executive producers include: International Emmy Award winner Christina Jennings and Scott Garvie for Shaftesbury Films; Michael Amo ("Blessed Stranger: After Flight 111"); Tom Chehak ("ReGenesis") and Clement Virgo ("Poor Boy's Game"). "The Listener" is distributed internationally by Shine-Reveille.
- Starring: Craig Olejnik, Ennis Esmer, Lisa Marcos, Mylène Dinh-Robic, Colm Feore, Anthony Lemke, Arnold Pinnock
- Executive producers: Christina Jennings, Scott Garvie, Michael Amo, Tom Chehak, and Clement Virgo
- Creator: Michael Amo
- Supervising producers: Laura Harbin, Jan Peter Meyboom
- Producers: Julie Lacey, Avrum Jacobson, Adam Haight, Manny Danelon, Kevin Lafferty
- Co- producers: Shane Kinnear, Shelley Gillen
- Directors: Ken Girotti, T. J. Scott, Kari Skogland, Steve Surjik, Clement Virgo
- Production Designer: Sandra Kybartas
- Directors of Photography: David Greene, David Moxness, Rudolf Blahacek
- Casting by: Deirdre Bowen
- Unit production managers: Brian Campbell, Victoria Harding
- Film editors: Jean Coulombe, CCE, Tom Joerin, CCE
- Composer: Tom Third
- Music supervisor: Chris Robinson
- Visual effects: Tom Turnbull
- Origination: Toronto, Canada
- Produced by: Shaftesbury Films and CTV