Is it really time to crown a new Biggest Loser? I can't believe it! Next Tuesday, May 12, we'll find out the results of America's vote for the third finalist, between dad Ron and his son Mike. I would have expected both Mike and Ron to plead to America for Mike to go to the finale but that's not what happened at all! Ron would like to see it go to Mike, but Mike is willing for the vote to go either way. He thinks his father is just as deserving. I think we can all agree with Mike that he did indeed become a man on The Biggest Loser campus, right before our very eyes.
You may now be thinking about how it's all going to play out next week. And who "deserves" to be The Biggest Loser? What does word "deserve" really mean in this case? There is not one of the final four contestants, as far as I'm concerned, who doesn't "deserve" to be The Biggest Loser. I know it feels as if we have a say in the outcome through the vote, but I would challenge that notion by saying everything happens for a reason, and that Tara, Helen, Mike and Ron are creating their destines through us!
What does it mean to be a Biggest Loser? I think that episode 18 culminated in many answers to that question. To be a Biggest Loser is to:
- Believe in yourself again or for the first time in your life.
- No longer be willing to hide underneath pounds of fat or layers of inner conflict.
- Know when to forgive yourself.
- Embrace the greatness within you.
- Acknowledge your physical strength and endurance so that you will have the courage to participate in any activity you choose.
- Collect evidence for success.
- Know that you can do anything if you truly believe.
- Acknowledge that you are the creator of your destiny.
- Have the courage to create your dreams.
- Give back and help others find their dreams.
We all are our own Biggest Losers, some of us need to live it more actively than others. I challenge you to do as the contestants do season after season and live and lead by example. You might inspire someone in your world to go after their dreams like nobody's business after seeing you do just that! That's when you know you are creating your destiny.
As for my fellow contestants who will be on the The Biggest Loser scale for the last time next week, relish your success......YOU DID IT! Celebrate the first day of the rest of your life. I wish I could be there with you to celebrate but I will be on QVC right after the show, helping all our friends and family at home get started with the right rools for success so they, too, can begin their journeys and live their dreams.