The top 8 compete Monday 8/7c! Catch up now.
Sweet Potato Pie
Serves 6-7 people Both versions.
1-1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into small pieces
3 tablespoons (or more) ice water
2 large red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams; 1-3/4 pounds)
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 cup whipping cream
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg white, beaten to blend
Nutrient Analysis - per serving used 12 servings of Sweet Potato Pie
Fat calories: 150
Total Fat: 16g
Sat Fat: 9g
Total Carb: 46g
Vitamin A: 190% IUs (sweet potatoes a great source of vitamin A!)
Vitamin C: 20%
Yield: 4 cups; 6 (2/3-cup) servings
1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp Mace
1/8 tsp Cardonmon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Sugar Substitute
Nutrient Analysis: per 2/3-cup serving
Protein: 1 gram
Carbs: 16 grams
Total fat: 4 grams
Sat fat: 0.5 grams
Poly fat: .0 grams
Mono fat: 3 grams
Chol: 0 mg
Fiber: 2 grams (Sol 1 gram)
Sodium: 203 mgs
1. Lightly coat a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with olive oil spray.
2. Position a rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Scrub sweet potatoes well. Rinse and dry completely. Cut sweet potatoes into 3/4-inch dice. Transfer sweet potatoes to prepared baking sheet.
4. Drizzle olive oil over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat and place baking sheet on lower rack. .
5. Bake about 30 minutes, or until golden on the outside and tender inside. Turn potatoes once during baking.