The Sound of Music
Special encore presentation Saturday 8/7c. Watch the special online now.
Grilled Chicken with Warm Mango Salsa
231 calories per serving
4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1-1/2 pounds
Nu-Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 medium red onion, small dice
1 small jalapeno, chopped fine
1 medium tomato, small dice
1 large mango, small dice
juice and zest of 2 limes
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat. Spray chicken thighs lightly with PAM and season with Nu-Salt and pepper. Grill about 4 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick pan over med-high heat. Spray with PAM and add onions. Season onions with Nu-Salt and pepper and cook until almost tender.
3. Add jalapeno, tomato and mango to the pan. Cook, tossing often, until just heated through.
4. Add lime juice and zest and cilantro and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
5. Slice chicken and serve with warm salsa. Although no actual salt is called for in this recipe, please add it as you see fit.