New Tonight 8/7c. Catch up on the season premiere online.
Beef Tenderloin with Loaded Baked Yams
4 small yams
1 large Vidalia onion, cut into rings about 1/3 inch thick
4 slices turkey bacon
4 medium tomatillos, husks removed
1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped fine
1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
juice of 1 lime
fresh ground pepper and NuSalt
4 5-ounce portions lean beef tenderloin
1-1/2 cups Free-Range Chicken Broth, low sodium
3/4 cup lite sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1 garlic clove, chopped fine
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
1. Bake yams in 350 degree oven until tender, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, heat grill over high heat. Spray onion rings with pam and grill until charred on each side. Combine onions with chicken stock in a small saucepot. Cover and simmer until onions are tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Cook turkey bacon according to package instructions. Crumble.
3. Char tomatillos over an open flame until skins are mostly black. Rub off skin with paper towels and roughly chop tomatillos. Combine with Vidalia onion, cilantro and lime juice and season with NuSalt. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season steaks with pepper and NuSalt and spray pan with pam. Cook steaks in pan for about 4 mintutes per side for medium rare. Allow meat to rest.
5. Next, puree and strain the onion broth mixture and season with pepper and NuSalt.
6. Mix together the sour cream, chives, parsley and garlic. Season well with pepper and NuSalt.
7. Serve steaks with onion jus and serve sweet potatoes with yogurt herb mixture, tomatillo salsa and crumbled turkey bacon.