1 - 4 1/2 lb turkey breast, skin off, trimmed of any excess fat
6-7 pieces butcher twine cut into 14 inch strips
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, cut into large pieces
2 celery stalks, cut into large pieces
1 carrot, cut into large pieces
1 head of garlic cut in half
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and thyme in a single
layer in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Lay 6 strands of kitchen twine horizontally across a large rimmed
baking sheet spaced evenly apart, Place the turkey breast atop the
twine, perpendicular to the twine.
- Starting with the center twine and working toward the outer twines,
tie the twine as tight as possible around the turkey ensuring it is
uniform in width. to ensure even cooking.
- Place a large, nonstick sauté pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil.
- When oil is hot, add turkey and brown well on all sides.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the turkey breast to the
roasting tray, on top of the bed of vegetables.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes, and then check temp after every 15
minutes, until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the
thickest part of the turkey reads 165°F.
- Remove from oven, let sit approx 20 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
- After resting, coat turkey with thin layer of mustard and generously
sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs.
- To serve: cut into thin slices and arrange on platter family style
and serve with mushroom sauce.
Total Fat 4.5g
Sat Fat 0g
Total Carb 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g