12 ounces RAW large shrimp (13/15 size), peeled and deveined with tails intact
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 green papaya, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons/ 30 ml fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
2 tablespoons/30 ml grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 cup bean sprouts, washed
1/2 cup carrots, finely julienned
3 green onions, cut into matchstick-size strips
1 red jalapeno chile, seeded, cut into thin stripsv
1/4 cup toasted peanuts DRY ROASTED UNSALTED
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh cilantro leaves
Drizzle a little of the remaining dressing over and around the salads and serve.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium high heat.
- Using a Japanese mandolin, cut the papaya into long thin strips.
- Place the lime juice in a large bowl and gradually whisk in both of the oils. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the papaya, bean sprouts, carrots, green onions, and chile with enough of the dressing to coat and allow to marinate in the dressing.
- In a separate large mixing bowl toss the shrimp with the garlic, cilantro and oil and mix well.
- Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill to a plate.
- To serve, mound the salad onto the center of 4 serving plates.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and cilantro, then divide the shrimp equally among the plates atop the salads.
Total Fat 5 g
Sat Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 125 mg
Total Carb 6 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugar 3 g