Yield: 4 servings
12 ounces/360g fresh thin green beans (haricot verts), ends trimmed
2 teaspoons/30ml extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4 inch round slices
1 tablespoon/15ml finely chopped shallots
1 teaspoon/5ml minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon/1.25ml sea salt
1/4 teaspoon/1.25ml freshly ground black pepper
3 ounces/110g low fat feta cheese
1 tablespoon/15ml aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a barbecue grill for medium high heat.
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water just until they are crisp-tender and bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the green beans to a large bowl of ice water and let cool completely.
- Drain well and transfer the green beans to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and pat dry to remove any excess moisture.
- Brush the red onion slices with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the onions on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly charred and slightly tender.
- Remove the onions from the grill and cut into bite size pieces, medium dice.
- Whisk the oil, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the green beans andbeans and onion and toss to coat.
- Tear the cheese into large pieces and scatter them over the green beans.
- Mound the mixture on a platter.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and serve.
Total Fat g 4.5
Sat Fat g 2
Cholesterol mg 10
Sodium mg 430
Total Carb g 9
Dietary Fiber g 3
Sugar g 4
Protein g 6