New comedy with Anne Heche! Premieres Thursday 8/7c. Preview now.
From Biggest Loser Club Experts
6 Exercise Keys to Success
1) Doing 200-300 minutes of cardio per week (or building up to it).
2) Making sure your cardio exercise is challenging. Beginners do a steady, challenging pace. Experienced exercisers alternate a hard day with an easier recovery day to help recover from hard efforts.
3) Making steady and measurable improvements in your cardio fitness.
4) Doing strength training for each major body part (chest, back, legs, shoulders, core) 2-3 days per week.
5) Making sure the resistance you use for your strength exercises is very challenging.
6) Making steady and measurable improvements in your strength.
7 Nutrition Keys to Success
1) Eat every 3-4 of your waking hours (which will give you 5-6 small meals/snacks per day).
2) Eat protein and/or fat with carbs.
3) Choose high fiber carbs and not white flour carbs.
4) Make sure that you have a good source of protein at lunch and dinner.
5) Choose healthy fats, like nuts, seeds, fish, avocado and olive oil, and eat a couple of servings daily. Don't cut your fat intake too low.
6) Make sure you're eating 2-3 fruit servings each day.
7) Make sure you're eating at least 3 servings of vegetables each day.