- What are your weaknesses?
I approach challenges with optimism. The ugly side of life, specifically humanitarian issues, troubles my soul. Ugly things like child abuse, child mortality, domestic violence, environmental neglect, animal brutality. I have a huge soft spot for those who can't protect themselves so I'll put myself in harm's way to defend anyone.
- Are you a team player or more of a lone leader?
It depends. I am definitely the leader of my life, but when I'm needed as a team player, I play that role well. Sometimes taking the lead and being aggressive is what it takes to accomplish my goals. But in the kitchen, I work better alone.
- Is there anything you won't do to get your way?
I will never deceive myself. Being positive is important to me. I always try to put myself in someone else's shoes, and remain aware of the consequences of my actions. I believe in respecting anyone you work with and would never disrespect anyone just to get my own way.
- How do your past experiences differ from the other contestants and how will this help you win?
I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. In my family, success is having a merry Christmas with family and the industry I work in is very competitive and notoriously fickle. I know how to take rejection and turn it into pure determination. Also, my sense of aesthetic is pretty refined and I know what attracts a consumer!
- Do you think your public persona will help or hurt you in some of the challenges?
I don't think I'm anything like my public persona. I think people will be surprised to see how down to earth I am.
- How do you feel about Donald Trump?
I respect Donald Trump for excelling at many different types of businesses, and involving his family closely in his business ventures.
- How up-to-date are you in pop culture and current affairs?
Reading The New York Times on my Blackberry keeps me up to date on current affairs, and the weather wherever I am traveling in the world.
- What is your favorite part about business: the money, the people, or the marketing/ad campaigns?
I love creating an idea, and going through the process of negotiating it and finally seeing the final product. It is so fulfilling!
- Do you think formal education will play a big role in this competition?
Not necessarily. This show is about strategy, organizational skills and communication.
- Do you consider yourself to be self-disciplined or loose cannon?
I'm very self disciplined. Over the years I've learned to laugh at myself. Tempers just show lack of self control and immaturity. There's a way to assert yourself without getting into a screaming match or worse.