These Terms of Service (the "Agreement") set forth the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Web site located at / and the services and materials offered thereon (the "Service") which are offered to you by NBC Universal, Inc. ("NBCU"). BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT JUST AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED IT. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Service.
- Restrictions on Use
The Service is a computer online service. It is accessible to you through a personal computer, or other access device at www.nbc.com (the "NBC Site") using a communications connection (e.g., modem and telephone line). As part of the Service, you will be provided with services that may include information, editorial content, chat rooms, links to other Web sites and other computer services that NBCU may decide to offer, subject to the terms hereof. NBCU may, in its sole discretion, discontinue or alter any aspect of the Service, including, but not limited to,
- restricting the time of availability,
- restricting the availability and/or scope of the Service for certain platforms (i.e., computer types and operating systems),
- restricting the amount of use permitted, and
- restricting or terminating any User's right to use all or part of the Service, at any time in NBCU's sole discretion and without prior notice or liability. You are responsible for all charges (e.g., telephone) associated with connecting to the Service through an available access number. You are also responsible for obtaining or providing all telephone access lines, telephone and computer equipment (including modem), or other access device, necessary to access the Service. You certify that you are an individual (i.e., not a corporation). The Service is owned and operated by NBCU and its affiliated companies and contains material that is derived in whole or in part from material supplied and owned by NBCU and other sources. Such material is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on, or distribute in any way any material from the Service, including but not limited to code and software ("Material"). You may, however, download Material from the Service for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices and use the Material in accordance with all restrictions applicable to your use if the Service in general. In the event that you download Material from the Service, such Material is licensed to you by NBCU and NBCU does not transfer title to any such Material to you.
- Membership Rules and Guidelines
Should NBCU provide to you a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Service, you will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and your account information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree that you will immediately notify NBCU of any unauthorized use of your password or account, or any other breach of security, and that you will log off of the Service at the end of each session to prevent fraud on your account by third parties.
NBCU may choose to send you e-mail newsletters on a variety of topics - for example, informing you of membership benefits and features, letting you know of problems with the site or with services offered by NBCU, or presenting you with the opportunity to buy selected products and services. You may elect during registration not to receive these e-mail newsletters, and you may start or stop receiving such e-mail newsletters at any time by sending an e-mail to an address that shall be designated for that purpose. With your permission, NBCU may send you e-mails on behalf of pre-screened third parties containing promotional offers or opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you. You may elect during registration to receive these e-mails, and you may start or stop receiving such e-mails at any time by sending an e-mail to an account that shall be designated for that purpose.
- Rules for Use of the Service
- Conduct Required for Use of the Service
It is a condition of your use of the Service that you do not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation, any images or other material depicting Nudity as herein defined;
- post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, including sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs, hate propaganda, hate mongering, swearing, or rude or deliberately offensive comments, or engage in disruptive activities online, including excessive use of scripts, sound waves, scrolling (repeating the same message over and over), or use of viruses, bots, worms or trojan horses;
- post or transmit any information, software or other material that is fraudulent or violates or infringes the rights of others, including material that violates privacy or publicity rights, or infringes copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder, including WAREZ (copyrighted material distributed without permission);
- post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities, in particular hacking, cracking or phreaking;
- post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes or that contains advertising, "junk mail," "spam," or "chain letters";
- solicit other users to join, become members of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- resell, redistribute, broadcast or transfer the information or use the information derived from the Service in a searchable, machine-readable database;
- disguise a file type to thwart NBCU's detection processes;
- post or transmit any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
- submit to the Live Directory multiple web sites with different URLs that re-direct a user to one web page;
- submit to Live Directory more than one URL for a single category;
- update Live Directory listings with intent to distort or misrepresent them, including but not limited to changing titles of the entries, descriptions of the entries, URLs, or keywords, or
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systemsor networks connected to the Service. For the purposes of this Agreement, "Nudity" shall include, without limitation, images depicting persons with unclothed genitalia or persons wearing transparent clothing over genitalia. You agree that you will not use the Service, including the information provided therein and all related equipment, networks and network devices (specifically including Internet access) for any unlawful purpose. NBCU, at its sole and absolute discretion, shall determine whether any information transmitted or received violates this provision. You may not use any Material in connection with any site or other use that contains or is associated with information or content prohibited by this section.
By uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication (a "Communication") through the Service you are granting NBCU a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to (i) use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform, display, or create derivative works from any such Communication, and (ii) sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to such Communication. No Communication shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of NBCU.
- Content on the Service.
Communications posted through the Service are provided by users such as you who are unaffiliated with NBCU, and the user providing each such Communication is solely responsible for the content thereof. This means that you, and not NBCU, are entirely responsible for all Communications that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service. In using the Service or receiving e-mail messages from members through the Service, you should not assume that such messages have been reviewed by NBCU, that such Communications contain correct information, or that the persons posting such Communications have accurately identified themselves and/or their affiliation with any third party. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Communications that are offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will NBCU be liable in any way for any Communication, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Communication, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Communication posted, e-mailed, or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
- Personal Safety.
When using the Service, please be certain that anything you say does not compromise your personal safety. Do not provide your name, phone number, postal or e-mail address, your password, or any other personally identifying information to people you do not know. Do not continue any conversation online that makes you feel uncomfortable.