The Sound of Music
Special encore presentation tomorrow 8/7c. Watch the special online now.
HOW DO I VOTE?
There are three ways for you to vote for your favorite Miss USA Contestant: (1) Online Voting at www.missusa.com and www.nbc.com; (2) Facebook Voting at www.facebook.com/officialmissusa; and (3) Twitter Voting at www.twitter.com/missusa.
(1) Online Voting at www.missusa.com and www.nbc.com: Once you are on the homepage of either www.missusa.com or www.nbc.com, follow the links to vote. When you click on the 'vote' button you will be directed to a login page where you will need to enter your e-mail address, complete a 'CAPTCHA' and click 'vote'. A CAPTCHA is a security measure which requires you to enter the scrambled letters/numbers you see on your screen. If you do not correctly enter the CAPTCHA information you will be prompted to try again. If you do not have a valid email account you will not be able to vote online.
(2) Facebook Voting: If you have a Facebook account you can vote online at www.facebook.com/officialmissusa by clicking the 'vote' button on the page. First sign into Facebook, or sign up for an account here. Second, like the Official Miss USA Facebook Page (click here) by clicking the 'like' button on the Profile page. Click on the 'vote' button next to the contestant you wish to vote for.
(3) Twitter Direct Message Voting: If you have a Twitter account, you can vote by authorizing an application that will tally your votes. Either click the Twitter button below the vote button on the contestant page on the Miss USA website or click the link provided each contestant's profile page from Twitter. You are then redirected to an app that will ask you to sign into Twitter. If you do not have an account, please sign up for an account here. You must authorize the app in order for your vote to count. Once you authorize the app, you will automatically vote for the contestant's link you originally clicked on.
WHO CAN VOTE?
(1) Online Voting at www.missusa.com and www.nbc.com: Anyone located in, and a legal resident of, the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico will be able to cast their vote(s) using the online method. To vote online you must be 13 years of age or older.
(2) Facebook Voting: Anyone with a registered Facebook account and who is located in, and a legal resident of, the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico will be able to cast their vote(s) using the Facebook voting method. In accordance with Facebook policy, all registered Facebook users must be 13 years of age or older.
(3) Twitter Direct Message Voting: Anyone with a Twitter account and who is located in, and a legal resident of, the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico will be able to cast their vote(s) through Twitter. In accordance with Twitter policy, all Twitter account holders must be 13 years of age or older.
WHEN CAN I VOTE?
(2) Facebook Voting: Facebook opens on Tuesday May 1, 2012 at 12:00AM ET and closes Saturday June 2, 2012 at 12:00PM ET.
(3) Twitter Voting: Twitter voting opens Tuesday May 1, 2012 at 12:00AM ET and closes Saturday June 2, 2012 at 12:00PM ET. If you try to vote outside of the vote window you will still be able to submit your vote but it will be ignored and will not count as a vote.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO VOTE?
(2) Facebook Voting: Online voting is free except for your standard internet access charges, data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile device, or SMS charges if you receive messages to your phone from Facebook.
(3) Twitter Voting: Online voting is free except for your standard internet access charges, data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile device, or SMS charges if you receive messages to your phone from Twitter.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I VOTE?
(2) Facebook Voting: You may vote up to 10 times per day per Facebook account.
(3) Twitter Voting: You may vote up to 10 times per day per Twitter account User ID via Twitter.
HOW DO I KNOW MY VOTE HAS BEEN COUNTED?
(1) Online Voting at www.missusa.com and www.nbc.com: If you are voting online at www.missusa.com and www.nbc.com, you will receive a 'thanks for voting' confirmation message page after each vote. However, please note that only your first 10 votes will count. After your 10th vote, no further votes will count even though you may continue to see the 'thanks for voting' page.
(2) Facebook Voting: If you are voting by Facebook you will receive one 'thanks for voting' message back, regardless of how many times you vote or whom you vote for.
(3) Twitter Voting: If you are voting by Twitter through the application, a tweet will be posted to your profile that says "I just voted for Miss [fill in the blank]".
If you are experiencing trouble with any of voting methods, remember that you can always try another voting method.
Miss Universe L.P., LLLP, NBCUniversal Media, LLC and/or CommerceTel and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and persons (collectively, the "Administrators") are not responsible for and shall not be liable for communications malfunctions; cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless services; interrupted or unavailable networks or servers; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion or for any technical problem which may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted.
If for any reason the voting is not capable of being executed as planned, or if there is an infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, or if any other causes beyond the control of Administrators corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this voting, the Administrators reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to withdraw the transmission of any vote. Furthermore, the Administrators may permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these rules, and to terminate or suspend voting at any point and declare the vote results based on the votes up to that point, if it appears that the voting process has been so distorted by hacking or other interference that the results would not reflect actual valid votes should the voting continue. In the event of technical difficulties with the voting, Administrators reserve the right to review the votes for accuracy and to take any appropriate action, including, without limitation, voiding the votes cast during the time period in which such technical difficulties occurred. Administrators and their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this vote. Administrators are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of voting information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, for any human or electronic error, or for votes that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, or late.
These rules are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Administrators. Notification regarding any such change will be posted at missusa.com.
Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or website, tamper with the voting process, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the voting is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Administrators reserve the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
CONDITIONS FOR VOTING:
By voting, you are agreeing not to use any unofficial, third party services to cast votes on your behalf. Administrators reserve the right to disqualify, block or remove any votes from any individual who votes by any electronic, mechanical or automated means, or otherwise tampers with the vote process, or for any other reason, as determined by Administrators in their sole discretion.
Administrators are not responsible for any damages to voters' device(s) that may occur from use of service. Administrators reserve the right, for any reason and in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue the voting service without prior notice.
Administrators reserve the right to modify the show's contest rules, and the terms and conditions of this voting process at any time in their sole discretion.
The prize awarded to the winner of "Miss USA 2012" on-air is subject to the terms, conditions, rules and qualifications of that program.