The May family had issues with processed fake foods, which contributing to their obesity and unhealthiness. Here's a simple at-a-glance guide to ridding your kitchen of dangerous processed foods that can damage your health and wellness.
1. Clean: First, read your labels and look for foods with the least amount of adulterating additives and health-disrupting chemicals.
Remove these foods (do not eat ever):
- Hydrogenated fats
- Refined grains
- High-fructose corn syrup
- Artificial sweeteners (sucralose, aspartame, saccharin)
- Artificial coloring and preservatives
- Nitrites and nitrates
Reduce these foods:
- Starchy vegetables
- Tropical, dried and canned fruits
- Excess soy
- Excess alcohol
- Full-fat dairy and fatty meats
- Canned foods
2. Whole: Look for foods that came from the ground or had a mother.
Restore these foods:
- Garlic and other allium Foods
- Salmon and other deep saltwater fish
- Cruciferous veggies
- Dark green leafy veggies
- Nuts and seeds
- Whole grains
3. Balanced: Last, get a healthy balance of protein, fat, carbs and calories throughout the day
Rebalance your energy:
- Eat breakfast
- Eat every four hours
- Do not eat after 9 p.m.
- No carbs at night
- Eat until you’re full, but not stuffed
- Eat 40 percent carbs, 30 percent fat, 30 percent protein