GET YOUR KIDS OFF THE COUCH!
Physical activity is imperative for your child's health. It benefits them in every aspect of their lives, and helps keep them at a healthy weight. It helps them focus in school and even helps build social skills.
Here are a few great tips to help you get your kids up and running. Literally!
1. Lead by example. You are your child's primary role model. If you show them that being fit and active is important, they will follow suit.
2. Play with your kids. Get outside with them and play ball, go for a bike ride, take a hike, walk the dog, etc.
3. Find an activity that your child will enjoy so that being fit becomes fun. Ask them what they enjoy doing and then sign them up. Try exploring dance classes, martial arts, or a team sport like soccer.
4. If you can't beat 'em join 'em. Kids are so tech savvy these days. Studies show they spend up to seven hours a day in front of a screen. For that reason, consider getting them a Nintendo Wii Fit so they can be up and active while playing their video games.
5. Schedule activities like bowling, batting cages, or trips to the park for your child's play dates.
6. Make rewards and presents things your kids can use to be active, like a baseball mitt, skateboard or bike.