Hosted by Ann Curry and Carson Daly, the NBC broadcast offers three hours of coverage featuring highlights of performances from around the world, including live moments from the U.S. concert at Giants Stadium in New Jersey.
Unprecedented Global Event – With Coverage across the Networks of NBC Universal
The music event of the year, if not the decade, will bring together more than 100 of today's hottest artists and two billion people to focus the world's attention on the global climate crisis and what can be done to reduce global warming. The networks of NBC Universal will broadcast nine legendary concerts from the seven continents, all raising awareness of the solutions to the global climate crisis.
Live 18-Hour broadcast
Starts at 2am ET, July 8th.
Click here for live blogs and exclusive Concert footage on BravoTV.com
Coverage also available on:
- Sundance Channel
- Universal HD
Giants Stadium Performers Include:
Fall Out Boy, Bon Jovi, John Mayer, Sheryl Crow, Akon, Dave Matthews Band, Kelly Clarkson, Ludacris, Melissa Etheridge, Kanye West, Smashing Pumpkins, Rihanna, AFI and The Police.
Get the Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook
COMMITMENT FOR CHANGE
Yes, YOU can make a difference right now! Here are some easy ways to help save the planet.
- Replace those old, outdated lightbulbs with a new compact fluorescent lights - CFLs (the curly ones you can find at your local grocery or drugstore). They last longer and use less energy than traditional bulbs.
- Bring your own mug to work – and say “No” to Styrofoam! Plus, mugs make great coworker gifts.
- Carpool! It’s fun, you can use the carpool lane, and you spare the rest of the world extra carbon emissions. Just try not to fight over the radio.
- Turn the computer OFF overnight, and set it to SLEEP if you’re not going to use it for half an hour or so. Did you know that sleep mode uses less energy than a screensaver? Now you do.
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Really, how many times do we have to say it before you start sorting your trash?