Meet the Bravermans: Peter Krause and Maura Tierney have signed on for starring roles in NBC's TV remake of Parenthood, playing new versions of the characters made famous by Steve Martin and Dianne Wiest.
They join Dax Shepard, Craig T. Nelson, Mae Whitman (who?), and the previously cast Erika Christensen as the potential members of the sprawling Braverman clan. Here's a quick breakdown of the who's-who so far:
* Krause will play Adam Braverman, "a married man with two children who is a lunatic beneath the surface."
* Tierney will play his sister Sarah, the single mother of . . .
* . . . Whitman's character, a rebellious 16-year-old.
* Shepard's character is the youngest Braverman, a slacker.
* Christensen is their sister Julia, a corporate attorney.
* And Nelson will play the clan's father, "a Vietnam vet-turned-actor/hippie."
I was a little skeptical of this project at first, just because a TV adaptation of Parenthood failed once before, but I'm starting to