Why is my video quality lower than expected?
- The NBC player chooses the best video quality based on your connection speed. To ensure that there is no buffering or stuttering, the player may deliver a slightly lower quality video to ensure you always receive the best experience possible. Please note that hardware and/or bandwidth limitations may prevent some viewers for receiving the highest quality videos offered.
What is the Viewing Quality Meter?
- The Viewing Quality Meter is located in the video control bar and displays your current viewing quality. The numbers of bars will dynamically change when your Internet connection conditions improve or degrade.
- Clicking on the bandwidth indicator will display which of the dynamically selected quality options are available for your selected video.
Can I watch video in HD quality?
- Yes, you can watch video in HD quality if your selected video has an HD quality option available. Please note that not all content is available in HD.
- To view HD video, you must have an Internet connection speed of 1.5Mbps or greater and be watching on a monitor resolution of 1024x768 or larger. If you meet these requirements, select “FULLSCREEN” from the “Size menu.” After switching to full screen mode, it may take 10-20 seconds before the player reaches the highest quality available.
- An HD icon will appear next to the Video Quality Meter once you've successfully entered a HD quality viewing experience.
NBC Direct is no longer in service. NBC HD videos are now available through our new streaming-only player
What shows are available to watch online?
The complete list of shows available online is available by clicking the "Watch Video" link located at the top of the every page on NBC.com.
When do full episodes become available for viewing?
The majority of our primetime shows become available for viewing online at 5 AM Eastern / 2 AM Pacific the night of the broadcast. However, start times for programs may vary. Please visit the respective show's home page for more details. Late night shows generally become available at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific the day after the broadcast.
Can I watch episodes outside the United States?
At this time, full episodes on NBC.com can only be viewed within the United States and the organized U.S. territories of Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
When I'm streaming video, why does the audio or video playback stop and/or stall?
Under normal circumstances, playback should not stop or stall. However, video delivery may be disrupted during periods of heavy traffic on the site and/or if your Internet connection is too slow or compromised in some way. Additionally, having too many computer applications open and running at the same time on your PC can affect video playback.
I'm still having problems. What more can I do if the video playback stops or plays slowly?
Refreshing your browser or closing your browser and opening it again can often clear up stalled playback. Another possible solution is to drag the button back in time several minutes in the program timeline to give the downloading video a chance to catch up.
You may also wish to avoid site congestion and wait approximately 30 minutes before viewing the programming again. Or, try closing other computer applications that may be open at the same time. FYI: Peak periods of traffic congestion occur during lunch hours and in the early evening.
Why doesn't audio and video play at all?
While generally fast to load, video can take 30-50 seconds to display. If video does not appear at all, you may be running a content filter, antivirus application or proxy accelerator that is preventing the streaming of video content. Please turn off these services and try again. If the problem persists, please contact us via our Technical Support Feedback Form
I'm hearing audio but the video is not appearing. Why?
Your computer may not meet the minimum system and bandwidth requirements for the player. Please refer to the chart above to see if your system meets the minimum requirements.
Why does video play without audio?
Please ensure that your speakers or headphones are connected, turned on and not muted. If the problem persists, please contact us via our Technical Support Feedback Form
I've tried everything, and the player still won't work for me.
If you continue to experience stalling problems after ensuring that you meet the minimum system and bandwidth requirements and after trying all the above troubleshooting steps, please contact us via our Technical Support Feedback Form.