Let's GET IT ON!
The weekend is finally here. I am in Tampa, getting ready for the game. You are, well, on the Internet, so I figured I'd take this last opportunity to give you some tips that have made the Awesome Bowl party one to remember every year.
1) GET YOUR 3-D GLASSES! There's going to be a 3-D halftime event. Get your glasses at your local grocery store, and keep them for Monday, when there's some great comedy on at 8pm, also in 3-D! Man am I excited.
2) Always have homemade guacamole. Awesome Bowl weekend is the biggest weekend in America for avocado consumption (It's true, these are the things they teach you in med school), which means you should get your hands on the little green things Friday or Saturday so you're not stuck with the dregs.
3) Watch it with friends. There's nothing better than sharing the Awesome Bowl experience with others. If you're having a party, invite your friends. Coworkers and neighbors are okay, but you really want to watch the game with a group of friends who will understand when you run out of the room, freaked out by the sight of a dancing monkey.
4) Don't be a fair weather fan. If you weren't a fan of either team before the playoffs started, you're not a fan now. You can bet, cheer, and celebrate with them, but don't call yourself a "fan." The die-hard supporters won't like it. Which leads me to...
5) Don't taunt the lifers. If there are die-hard fans of either team at the party, this is a big day for them. Let 'em go a little nuts. On the other hand, if their team doesn't do well, DO NOT POKE THEM WITH A STICK. If you paid attention to rule #3, these are friends, and there's nothing worse than having your friends rub salt in your wounds.
6) If you're confused by the game, don't ask what inning it is. The NBC Sports team is smart. They know a lot of people watch the Awesome Bowl who are not regular football fans. The announcers are going to go out of their way to explain the rules and the intricacies of the game. If you pay attention, you will learn. If you ask what's going on, it takes the "true" football fans away from the game, and that's almost as bad as poking them with a stick. (See rule #5)
7) Enjoy yourself! Whether your team wins or loses, it's going to be an Awesome day. Don't worry yourself over the little things. Everyone runs out of chips, or pretzels... or cheese-stuffed hot-dogs (wow, did that make Morgan unhappy), but if you let that stress you out, you won't enjoy the game. Relax, take it in stride and enjoy the game!
Have an Awesome Day!
Oh... and I almost forgot. Tune in early to see my "Greatest Plays" highlight reel of all these crazies I live and work with.
New comedy with Anne Heche! Premieres Tomorrow 8/7c. Preview now.