- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract or 4 vanilla beans
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped lemon zest
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- beat sugar with egg yolks until well mixed.
- place milk, rice, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon in pot and bring to low boil.
- temper egg mixture by adding a small amount of milk to eggs. Mix and continue in this manor until all milk mixture has been added to egg mixture. Return to pot and cook on low boil until rice is tender about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- add lemon zest at the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- serve pudding warm and garnish with lemon zest and cinnamon.