This season of America's Got Talent has been a whirlwind of fantastic performers and fantastic performances. But, a lot goes into making AGT happen! Here are some fun facts about this season of AGT...
- We featured 61 contestants who came to Hollywood, including the top 48, the YouTube contestants and the wild card contestants.
- AGT had 265 people, two parrots, one horse and one bulldog in total for all 61 acts that competed in Hollywood! This year featured a lot of large groups, the largest of which made it to the finals: Silhouettes, who have 42 members!
- Those 61 groups can be broken down into four magicians, 12 dance groups, three comedians, 10 singers, four kid's musical groups, five acrobatic groups, two animal groups, 10 danger acts, seven novelty acts and four music groups.
- The most voted for episode was the finale! This season, we had the most people call in to vote ever out of all the seasons of AGT!
- AGT is the most watched show of the summer season - we were number one in the ratings!
- Out of all the contestants, the four who travelled the farthest to get to Hollywood were Anna Graceman, who travelled 2,179 miles from Juneau, AK; Miami All Stars, who travelled 2,773 miles from Miami, FL; Landon Swank, who travelled 3,371 miles from Wasilla, AK; and Kalani Basketball Freestyle, who travelled 3,939 miles from Honolulu, HI.
- Out of all the contestants, five didn't have to travel that far at all: J. Chris Newberg, Melissa Villasenor, Team iLuminate, Aeon and Powerhouse were all based in Los Angeles!
- In Hollywood, there were 29 guest performances ranging from Nicki Minaj to Rebecca Black to Il Divo. Guest performances also included the final four from Season 5 of AGT: Fighting Gravity, Prince Poppycock, Jackie Evancho and Michael Grimm.
- All the performances in Hollywood were 90 seconds, which means, in total, there was 208 minutes of AGT contestant performances this season! Did you see them all?
- The biggest performances that had to be accommodated this season were The Kinetic King (who, at his longest, occupied 36 hours of prep and the entire stage!), Fearless Flores Family (whose globe required the entire crew of 50 to assemble) and Professor Splash (whose performances were so large, they were held outside!).
- Over 500 AA batteries were used each week at AGT, meaning 5000-plus batteries were used for the entire season! These are most commonly used for microphones and walkie-talkies.
- There were over 20 departments at AGT this season, including wardrobe, hair, makeup, contestants, producers, host, judges, music, art, production, travel, security, stage management, directors, camera, audio, lighting, grips and carpenters.
- The episode with the most performers was the top 10 performances, which had over 101 performers ready to vie for the final four. That episode included such big groups as Silhouettes, West Springfield Dance Team, Team iLuminate and Miami All Stars!
- Over 44,000 water bottles were used for the cast and crew during the Hollywood episodes this season. But don't worry: we recycle!
- From flying so many contestants to Hollywood, AGT accumulates around 28,000 frequent flyer miles a year. That sure is a lot of air miles!
So much happened this season on AGT and we could not have done it without you, our loyal fans. We're so glad you were a part of Season 6, and we can't wait to see you next year for Season 7!