Serves 6-7 people Both versions.
1/2 lb. Smoked Meat
1 tbs. Seasoned Salt
1/2 tbs. Black Pepper
1/2 tbs. Garlic Powder
1 tbs. Hot Sauce
1 Large Bunch Collard Greens
1 tbs. Butter
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add onions and cook until soft and lightly golden, about 6 minutes.
3. Begin adding the greens, one-third at a time, pressing them down as they begin to wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until the greens are soft, about 8 minutes. Serve hot.
* Note: chicken stock can be substituted for red wine if desired