Serves 6-7 people Both versions.
1 10 lb fresh turkey
Salt and pepper
1 bunch thyme
1 large onion
Nutrient Analysis - per serving of Rocco's Traditional Roast Turkey
Fat calories: 220
Total Fat: 24g
Sat Fat: 7g
Total Carb: 1g
Vitamin A: 0% IUs
Vitamin C: 2%
* Note: used 12 servings for 10 pound turkey
1. In large kettle bring to boil broth, wine, water, carrots, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, 2 garlic minced garlic cloves.
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl to make a rub mixture.
3. Cover turkey breasts with the rub mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Place turkey breasts in pot. Cover, then reduce heat and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hour or until tender and meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F, turning turkey occasionally.
5. Remove turkey; cool; slice. Reserve poaching liquid for gravy.
* Note: chicken stock can be substituted for white wine in poaching broth.