STUNT: Swim With Chum
LOCATION: San Pedro, CA on board the Ferrigno Boy
DESCRIPTION: Contestants must search through tank filled with chum to find rubber fishing boots.
BEHIND THE SCENES PRODUCTION PHOTOS
- 1200 lbs of chum were put into the tank.
- Chum was a mixture of salmon and tuna guts.
- 2000 gallons of water were mixed with the fish guts.
- Used 28-ton crane to hoist tank onto boat.
- It took 5 people five hours to remove and clean all the chum from the tank.
Tank being loaded up with chum one trashcan at a time.
Safety diver Alex Krimm catching his breath before plunging back into the stinky chum tank to reset the rubber boots.
Alienated from the rest of the crew by the rank smell of rotting fish guts, the gross stunt team gets ready to prepare the chum.
Safety diver Alex Krimm dives head first into the murky depths of blended fish guts.