- Eligibility: The DEAL OR NO DEAL Beat the Banker Game ("Promotion") is open only to persons who, at the time of entry, are legal residents of, and are physically present in, the 50 continental United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Georgia, South Carolina, Minnesota, North Dakota, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands) and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Endemol USA, Inc., NBC Universal, Inc. and MindMatics LLC, their advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Promotion, and each of their respective subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. By entering the Promotion, participants acknowledge that they have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Georgia, South Carolina, Minnesota, North Dakota, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Promotion are Endemol USA, Inc., 9255 Sunset Blvd., Suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA 90069, NBC Universal, Inc. 3000 W. Alameda Ave., Burbank, CA 91523 and MindMatics LLC, 2601 Ocean Park Boulevard, Suite 311, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (collectively, the "Sponsors").
- Promotion Period: The Promotion will be conducted in connection with each of the seven (7) episodes of the DEAL OR NO DEAL television program (the "Show") (each, an "Episode" and collectively, the "Episodes") currently scheduled to be broadcast between November 03, 2008 and February 28, 2009 (the "Promotion Period"). A separate Promotion will be conducted in connection with each Episode of the Show, as more fully described in Rule #5 below.
- DEAL OR NO DEAL Show Description: The Show is a tension-building, hour-long game show to be aired on NBC. Each game offers one in-studio contestant (the "Contestant") the chance to win one million dollars (or more). The Show begins by presenting the Contestant with 26 briefcases containing amounts ranging from 1¢ to $1 million (or more). The dollar amounts in the cases are also represented visually on an LED game board on set and through on-screen graphics so the home viewer can follow the action. After choosing one of those briefcases (which will remain his/hers throughout the game), the Contestant will gradually open the remaining 25 briefcases. As these 25 briefcases are opened (and the dollar amounts inside are exposed), those dollar amounts are shaded on the board, and the Contestant will have a better idea of what amount might be in his or her briefcase. Along the way, the Show's "bank" (the producers) will play the odds, trying its best to tempt the Contestant into selling his/her briefcase for a proposed amount of cash. The bank's offer is transmitted to the host via phone. The Contestant must decide whether to take this offer by guessing whether or not his/her briefcase contains a bigger prize (using process of elimination from the amounts that have been revealed in the previously opened briefcases).
The Contestant will be joined in the studio by family and/or friends who will help him/her make the tough decision... take the bank's DEAL... or say "NO DEAL" and continue opening the remaining briefcases in the hopes that his/her briefcase contains a larger amount of cash or that a higher bank offer will be presented later in the game. If at any point the Contestant elects to take the DEAL, the Contestant will press a button, and the "money" will be wired directly into the Contestant's "bank account." However, the Show may still continue opening the remaining briefcases to see if the contestant made the right decision.
- Promotion Description: The Promotion is a promotional sweepstakes designed to generate interest in and viewership of the Show by allowing viewers at home to experience the same thrill and excitement of playing the Deal-or-No-Deal game as the on-air contestants. A separate Promotion will be conducted in conjunction with each of the seven (7) Episodes of the Show that will be aired during the Promotion Period. At a predetermined time during each broadcast of the Show, the announcer will invite home viewers to submit via text message or online, a number corresponding to the number on the case that they believe holds that Episode's Promotion prize. There will be a total of six (6) numbered cases to choose from. The numbered case holding the Promotion prize for each Episode will be randomly chosen by Sponsors from among these six numbered cases. These cases are separate from the on-air Contestant's cases and will be opened during a predetermined part of the Show. The only valid numbers are those between 1 and 6. Your entry must contain the correct Beat the Banker case number for an Episode to qualify for a Grand Prize Drawing for that Episode. There are two broadcast airings of each Episode- an east coast airing (the "East Coast Broadcast"), which is scheduled to occur at 8 P.M. (Eastern Time ("ET")) and a west coast airing, which is scheduled to occur at 8 P.M. (Pacific Time ("PT")) on the same night as the East Coast Broadcast. (Check local listings for exact dates and times in your area.) Two (2) Grand Prize Winners, an East Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner and a West Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner will be selected for five Episodes in accordance with the random drawing procedures set forth in Rule # 8 below. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected for the Thanksgiving Episode, currently scheduled to be broadcast on November 21, 2008, and announced during the West Coast Broadcast of the Episode. Four (4) Grand Prize Winners, two East Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner and two West Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner will be selected for for the New Years Day Episode, currently scheduled to be broadcast on January 01, 2009, in accordance with the random drawing procedures set forth in Rule # 8 below. Eligible entries containing an incorrect case number for an Episode will not qualify for the Grand Prize Drawing(s) for that Episode but will be entered into a separate Bonus Prize Drawing to be conducted at the conclusion of the Promotion Period to select one (1) Bonus Prize Winner.
How To Enter
- How to Enter by the Free Method of Entry Online: To enter the Promotion for any Episode without using a text messaging capable cell phone, visit www.nbc.com/DOND/ once prompted to during the Show or at any time during the Entry Period for that Episode and complete the online entry form, including the number (1 through 6) of the case you believe holds that Episode's Promotion prize.
Limit ten (10) entries per person, per Episode, irrespective of the method of entry (i.e., no more than 10 entries per Episode may be submitted in total, whether participant enters by cell phone or online or a combination thereof). All eligible text message/online entries with the correct case number will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing(s) corresponding to the Entry Period during which the entry was received as set forth in Rule # 7 below. All eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period, with or without a correct case number, will also be entered into the Bonus Prize Drawing.
- Entry Period: The Entry Period for each Episode's Promotion will begin approximately 24 hours prior to the East Coast Broadcast of that Episode and will end for each Episode's West Coast Drawing with the final call for Entries announced during the West Coast Broadcast of that Episode and will end for each Episode's East Coast Drawing with the final call for entries announced during the East Coast Broadcast. If Episodes are scheduled to be broadcast on two consecutive nights, the Entry Period for the second Episode will begin immediately following the West Coast Broadcast of the immediately preceding Episode. For example, if Episodes of the Show are scheduled to be broadcast on September 24th and 25th, the Entry Period for the September 25th Episode will begin immediately following the conclusion of the West Coast broadcast of the September 24th Episode. Due to the nature of national network broadcast television, each particular Episode's Entry Period is subject to change within Sponsors' sole discretion.
- Winner Selection: Two (2) Grand Prize Winners, an East Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner and a West Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner, will be selected for five (5) Episodes of the Show in a random drawing (the "East Coast Drawing", and the "West Coast Drawing," respectively) from among all eligible entries received during the corresponding Entry Period for each Drawing. For five Episodes, the East Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner for each Episode will be selected and announced during the East Coast Broadcast and the West Coast Broadcast Winner will be selected and announced during the West Coast Broadcast. Only one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected for the Thanksgiving Episode, currently scheduled to be broadcast on November 21, 2008. The Grand Prize Winner for the Thanksgiving Episode will be selected and announced during the West Coast Broadcast. Four (4) Grand Prize Winners, two East Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner and two West Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner, will be selected for the New Years Day Episode of the Show in a random drawing (the "East Coast Drawing", and the "West Coast Drawing," respectively) from among all eligible entries received during the corresponding Entry Period. For the New Years Day Episode, two East Coast Broadcast Grand Prize Winner will be selected and announced during the East Coast Broadcast and two West Coast Broadcast Winner will be selected and announced during the West Coast Broadcast. Only entries received with the correct numbered case for an Episode will qualify for that Episode's Grand Prize Drawing(s). One (1) Bonus Prize winner will be selected at the conclusion of the Promotion Period in a separate random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period, with or without a correct case number.
All random drawings will be conducted by MindMatics LLC, whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Potential Winners selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Due to the nature of national network broadcast television, the broadcast date and times (and therefore the Entry Periods and random drawing dates and times) are subject to change. In the event the Show is cancelled, the Promotion will terminate as of the date of cancellation. In that event any remaining Grand Prizes for those corresponding cancelled Show Episodes will not be awarded and the Bonus Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to the date of cancellation. In the event a Show Episode is cancelled or preempted, the Grand Prizes for that Episode will be awarded from among those eligible entries, if any, received prior to the cancellation or preemption of the Episode. If no entries for an Episode have been received prior to cancellation or preemption, no prizes for that Episode will be awarded.
Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period for each Episode's Drawing(s) with the correct case number for that Episode. Odds of a winning the Bonus Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period.
- Conditions for Participation and Validation of Entries. Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. Limit ten (10) entries per Episode per person (regardless of method of entry), however, USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify, and block or discard any entries from any individual who enters by any kind of electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors also reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Internet, electronic and/or text-messaging portions of the Promotion in the event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other causes which, in their sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Please note, by entering, you agree that if selected as the winner, Sponsors have the right to announce your name, home city, and state, and to air your voice on-air during the Show (except where prohibited). Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"):
(8) Grand Prizes (one per East Coast Broadcast and one per West Coast Broadcast for four
(4) Episodes of the Show scheduled to air during the Promotion Period) - $10,000, awarded in the form of a check.
(4) Grand Prizes (two per East Coast Broadcast and two per West Coast Broadcast for one (1) New Years Day Episode of the Show scheduled to air during the Promotion Period) - $10,000, awarded in the form of a check.
(2) Grand Prizes (one per East Coast Broadcast and one per West Coast Broadcast for one (1) Episode of the Show scheduled to air during the Promotion Period) - $20,000, awarded in the form of a check.
(1) Grand Prize (one per East and West Coast Broadcast for one (1) Thanksgiving Episode of the Show, scheduled to air during the Promotion Period) - $20,000, awarded in the form of a check.
(1) Bonus Prize - An iPod® (ARV $250).
Total maximum value of all Prizes for the entire Promotion Period is $180,250. Limit one Grand Prize per person per Episode. In the event a winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. Promotion prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no substitutions by entrants will be permitted. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value in the event of prize unavailability. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
- Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified by phone. MindMatics LLC will make ONLY one (1) attempt to contact the potential Grand Prize winners at the phone number provided online or at the cell phone number used to enter within 5 minutes from the time potential winner selection was completed on the applicable air date. Selected potential winner must agree (where permitted by law) to allow his/her name, home city and state to be aired on the Show. Potential winner must provide all truthful information on the phone call and this information provided by potential winner will be relied upon by Sponsors as confirmation of winner's eligibility. If potential winner is deemed ineligible for any reason on the phone call (or at any point after the phone call), he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected. If MindMatics LLC is unable to reach a potential Grand Prize winner via one attempt by phone within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected. Potential Bonus Prize winner will be notified by phone/mail. All potential winners (or the parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release (where legal) within seven  days of attempted notification. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if required), potential winner forfeits prize even though his/her name may have been shown/announced on air. If prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the prize to an alternate winner (selected from among all eligible entries received during the corresponding Entry Period for a Grand Prize and selected from among all eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period for the Bonus Prize), even if the disqualified potential winner's name may have been shown/announced on air.
- General Conditions:
- By entering, entrants fully and unconditionally agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final. Sponsors have the right to modify these rules in their sole discretion for clarification purposes at any time without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- Except where prohibited, each winner grants to Sponsors and their advertising agencies the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, city and state and announce on-air winner's name, home city and state in any media (including posting on sponsor-specified websites and television shows/commercials) to promote Sponsors and the Promotion without additional compensation.
- Entrants enter at their own risk. Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors or delays in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Promotion generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all such liability. Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ENTRANTS, THEIR HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, SPOUSE, GUARDIANS, LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES, EXECUTORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASING PARTIES") HEREBY RELEASE SPONSORS AND EACH OF THEM, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM, OR BY REASON OF ENTRANTS' PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. IN ADDITION, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE RELEASING PARTIES IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE SPONSORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL SUCH CLAIMS BY WHOMEVER ASSERTED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION.
- As a condition of entering the sweepstakes, participant (or parent/legal guardian if participant is a minor) agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees.
- Sponsors may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Promotion, if at the sole discretion of Sponsors, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts: (1) with an intent to annoy abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsors, or their agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in Rule #5, the authorized account holder of the cellular phone or email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a cellular phone is the natural person in whose name the phone has been issued and to whom services are billed. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants and Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Promotion and selection of the Prize winners are final. Any suit or legal proceeding must be brought in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction in Los Angeles, CA.
- Winners' List: Each Grand Prize winner's name and home city may be aired on television at the end of each Show episode. In addition, a complete winners' list will be posted online at the Show's website (www.nbc.com/dond) until May 31, 2009.