1. DEAL OR NO DEAL Show Description: The Deal or No Deal television program (the "Show") is a tension-building, hour-long game show to be aired on NBC. Each game offers one in-studio person the chance to win one million dollars (or more). The Show begins with various on screen models, presenting the contestant with 26 briefcases containing amounts ranging from 1¢ to $1 million (or more). The dollar amounts in the cases are also represented visually on an LED game board on set and through on-screen graphics so the home viewer can follow the action. After choosing one of those briefcases (which will remain his/hers throughout the game), the contestant will gradually open the remaining 25 briefcases. As these 25 briefcases are opened (and the dollar amounts inside are exposed), those dollar amounts are shaded on the board, and the contestant will have a better idea of what amount might be in his or her briefcase. Along the way, the Show's "bank" (the producers) will play the odds, trying its best to tempt the contestant into selling his/her briefcase for a proposed amount of cash. The bank's offer is transmitted to the host via phone. The contestant must decide whether to take this offer by guessing whether or not his/her briefcase contains a bigger prize (using process of elimination from the amounts that have been revealed in the previously opened briefcases).
The contestant will be joined in the studio by family and/or friends who will help him/her make the tough decision...take the bank's DEAL...or say "NO DEAL" and continue opening the remaining briefcases in the hopes that his/her briefcase contains a larger amount of money or perhaps securing a higher bank offer later in the game. If at any point the contestant elects to take the DEAL, the contestant will press a button, and the "money" will be wired directly into the contestant's "bank account." However, the Show may still continue opening the remaining briefcases to see if the contestant made the right decision.
2. THE DEAL OR NO DEAL Promotion Description: The Deal or No Deal promotional campaign (the "Promotion") is an interactive promotional campaign designed to create interest in and viewership of the Show. The Promotion includes: the Deal or No Deal Model Search (the "Model Search") in which participants will be invited to vote for the new model they would like to see appear on next season's broadcast of the Show and to purchase a wallpaper download (the "Wallpaper") featuring the model they have voted for; and a promotional game (the "Sweepstakes") in which participants will enter for the chance to win one of two (2) Ten Thousand ($10,000) prizes to be awarded during each of the last seven (7) currently scheduled episodes of the Show (each an "Episode" and collectively "Episodes").
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to persons who, at the time of entry, are legal residents of, and are physically present in, the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Georgia, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Carolina, Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands) and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Endemol USA, Inc., NBC Universal, Inc. and MindMatics LLC, their advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Promotion, and each of their respective subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to participate or win. By participating in the Promotion, entrants acknowledge that they have read and agree to be bound by these official rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Promotion is void in Georgia, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Carolina, Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands, and where prohibited by law.
4. Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Promotion are Endemol USA, Inc., 9255 Sunset Blvd., Suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA 90069, NBC Universal, Inc. 3000 W. Alameda Ave., Burbank, CA 91523 and MindMatics LLC, 415 Madison Avenue, 20th floor, New York, NY 10017 (collectively the "Sponsors").
5. Promotion Period: The Promotion will be conducted in connection with each of the twelve (12) currently scheduled Episodes of the Show to be broadcast between April 21, 2008 and June 24, 2008 (the "Promotion Period"). A separate Sweepstakes will be conducted in connection with each of the last seven (7) Episodes. Entries for each Episode's Sweepstakes must be submitted during the Entry Period for each Episode as described more fully in Rule 9 below.
6. The Deal or No Deal Model Search: The Model Search will be conducted in conjunction with each of the twelve (12) currently scheduled broadcast Episodes of the Show. At various times during each Episode of the Show and during special promotional announcements to be aired during the Voting Period for each Episode (as hereinafter defined) participants will be invited to Vote for their favorite model from among the choice of models featured in connection with that Episode and purchase a Wallpaper download featuring the selected model by sending a text message from their cell phone to a designated short code corresponding to the model they wish to vote for.
The Model Search will be conducted as follows: A choice of three (3) different models will be featured in connection with each of the first (8) eight Episodes of the Show (the "First Round"). The model who receives the most votes from each of the first eight (8) Episodes will advance to the next round (the "Semi-Final Round"). In addition to the eight models who have received the most votes from the first eight Episodes, the producers, in their sole discretion, will nominate a ninth model (the "Wild Card Model") from the group of Models.
Three of the winning models from the First Round including the Wild Card Model will be featured for voting during each of the next three Episodes of the Show (e.g., the 9th, 10th and 11th Episodes). The model who receives the most votes from each of these three Episodes will advance to the next round (the "Final Round"). During the Final Round, the three winning models from the Semi-Final Round will be featured for voting during the next Episode of the Show (e.g., the 12th Episode). The model who receives the most votes from this Episode will be declared the final winner of the Model Search.
There are two broadcast airings of each Episode -- an east coast airing ( the "East Coast Broadcast"), which is currently scheduled to occur at eight P.M. (ET), and a west coast airing (the "West Coast Broadcast"), which is currently scheduled to occur at eight P.M. (PT) on the same night as the East Coast Broadcast. (Check local listings for exact dates and times in your area.) At the end of each of the East Coast and West Coast Broadcasts of each Episode, the model(s) who have received the most votes up to that point during the corresponding Voting Period for that Episode will be announced. The Model(s) who have received the most votes during the entire Voting Period for each Episode will be announced on the website at www.nbc.com/dond ( the "Deal or No Deal WebSite" or the "Site") by 12 P.M. (PT) on the following day. During each of the last seven (7) Episodes, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Episode's Sweepstakes for each valid Vote. You can also enter the Sweepstakes for each of these seven (7) Episodes for free by submitting an entry online at the Site during the Entry Period for that Episode. Standard text messaging rates apply to each text message sent or received as provided in your wireless rate plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). In addition a premium text charge of $1.00 will apply to each Vote submitted via text message. There is a limit of ten (10) Votes per Voting Period, per person, cell phone and email address irrespective of the method of entry.
7. THE DEAL OR NO DEAL MODEL SEARCH GAME: (the "Sweepstakes"). A separate Sweepstakes will be conducted on each of the last seven (7) Episodes of the Show to select two (2) winners of a Ten Thousand ($10,000) Dollar Prize each per Episode. One winner will be selected and announced at the end of the East Coast Broadcast and one winner will be selected at the end of the West Coast Broadcast from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period for that Episode prior to the on-air announcement of the winner selection. Participants who cast a Vote during the Voting Period for the last seven (7) Episodes will automatically receive one entry into the corresponding Episode's Sweepstakes for each valid Vote submitted subject to the entry limit specified in these Official Rules and will subsequently be entered into the Bonus Prize drawing. You can also enter each Episode's Sweepstakes for free by submitting an entry online at the Site during the corresponding Entry Period for that Episode. There is a limit of ten (10) entries per Voting Period, per person, cell phone and email address irrespective of the method of entry. The Voting and Entry Periods for each Episode's Sweepstakes are described more fully in Rule 9 below. The Bonus Prize winner will be selected in a separate random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the last seven (7) Episodes.
8. How To Vote/Download Wallpaper and Enter the Sweepstakes Via Text Message: At various times during each Episode and during various promotional announcements to be broadcast during the Voting Period the announcer will prompt home viewers to Vote for their favorite Model from among a choice of Models by sending a text message to the short code 59595 and entering a keyword corresponding to the letter assigned to each of the featured models for that Episode. You must have a text messaging capable cell phone from a participating carrier in order to Vote. Standard text messaging rates apply to each text message sent and received. In addition, a premium text message charge of $1.00 will apply to each text message Vote submitted. This charge will be billed on your wireless phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Each time you Vote you will receive a Wallpaper download for your cell phone featuring the model you have voted for. You will receive a "thank you" text message, which will include a PIN code and link to and/or location of the Deal Or No Deal Web site where you can redeem the downloadable Wallpaper. To receive the Wallpaper to your phone, your mobile phone must be capable of downloading mobile wallpaper content that will be sent to your phone. In the event, that your phone does not support wallpaper downloads, you can download a PC wallpaper for your computer.
Only text message participants who cast a Vote will receive a Wallpaper download; each Wallpaper has an approximate retail value of $1.
For every Vote that you submit via text message during the Voting Period for the last seven (7) Episodes, you will receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Episode's Sweepstakes, subject to the limit of ten (10) entries per Sweepstakes per person, email or cell phone,and will subsequently be entered into the Bonus Prize drawing.
The following day, you will receive a text message reminder to download the Wallpaper. You may stop receiving text messages at any time by responding "end", "stop" or "quit" to any of the messages.
Cell phone or text message service may not be available in all areas. To participate using text messaging, you must use one of the following participating wireless carriers: Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Nextel, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Sponsor may change wireless carriers at any time and from time to time. Sponsor reserves the right to add or delete the short code set forth in these Official Rules at any time and from time to time. To participate using text messaging, your mobile phone must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Entrants are solely responsible for all fees and taxes incurred through their wireless phone service, for text messages or otherwise, associated with participation in this Promotion.
9. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES FOR FREE: No purchase or text messaging is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes for Free, visit the Site at www.nbc.com/DOND and follow the online instructions to complete and submit the online registration form. You will be asked to provide the following information on the online registration form: name, valid email address, gender, zip code, month date, and year of birth, telephone number where you can be reached, and cell phone number.
Limit ten (10) Entries per Voting Period per person, email address and cell phone number irrespective of the method of entry.
10. Voting Period and Entry Period: Votes for the models featured in connection with each Episode may be submitted during the period beginning approximately 24 hours prior to the East Coast Broadcast of that Episode and ending with the final call for Votes announced during the West Coast Broadcast of that Episode (the "Voting Period"). Entries into the Sweepstakes for each of the last seven (7) Episodes may be submitted during the period beginning approximately 24 hours prior to the East Coast Broadcast of the Episode and ending with the final call for entries announced during the West Coast Broadcast of that Episode (the "Entry Period"). If Episodes are scheduled to be broadcast on two consecutive nights, the Voting and Entry Periods for the second Episode will begin immediately following the West Coast Broadcast of the immediately preceding Episode. For example, if Episodes of the Show are scheduled to be broadcast on April 23rd and 24th, the Voting and Entry Period for the April 23rd Episode will begin 24 hours prior to the scheduled East Coast Broadcast of the April 23rd Episode and the Voting and Entry Periods for the April 24th Episode will begin immediately following the conclusion of the West Coast Broadcast of the April 23rd Episode. The choice of Models for each Episode will be featured during special promotional announcements to be aired during the Voting Period for that Episode and displayed on the Site throughout the Voting Period. Due to the nature of national network broadcast television, each particular Episode's Voting and Entry Period is subject to change within Sponsor's sole discretion.
11. Winner Selection: There will be a separate Sweepstakes for each of the last seven (7) Episodes scheduled during the Promotion Period. Two (2) winners, an East Coast Broadcast Winner and a West Coast Broadcast Winner will be selected for each Episode in a random drawing to be conducted from among all eligible entries received. The East Coast Broadcast Winner for each Episode will be selected and announced during the East Coast Broadcast from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period for that Episode prior to the selection of the East Coast Winner. The West Coast Broadcast Winner will be selected and announced during the West Coast Broadcast from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period for that Episode prior to the selection of the West Coast Winner. The random drawings will be conducted by MindMatics LLC ("Administrator") an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential winners selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements stated herein. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Due to the nature of national network broadcast television, the broadcast date and times (and therefore the Voting and Entry Periods and random drawing dates and times) are subject to change. In the event the Show is cancelled, there will be no further Sweepstakes following the date of cancellation of the Show and the Model Search may be canceled by Sponsor in its discretion. In the event that any Episode is cancelled or the broadcast of any Episode is cancelled or preempted, the prizes for that Episode will be awarded from among those eligible entries, if any, received prior to cancellation or preemption and the winning models for that Episode will be selected from among those Votes received prior to cancellation or preemption. If no entries for that Episode have been received prior to cancellation or preemption no prizes for that Episode will be awarded. If no Votes have been received for the models featured in that Episode prior to cancellation or preemption, Sponsors reserve the right to conduct the Model Search for the affected Episodes on the Site. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes portion of the Promotion at the end of any Episode in their sole discretion. Sponsors further reserve the right to cancel the on air portion of all or any part of the Promotion at any time in their sole discretion. In the event that the on air portion of the Promotion is canceled, Sponsors may in their sole discretion elect to continue to conduct the Model Search and/or the Sweepstakes on the Site or to make such other modifications to the Promotion as the Sponsors deem appropriate and advisable in their sole discretion.
12. Prizes: There will be a total of fourteen (14) Prizes available to be awarded - (two (2) per each of the last seven (7) Episodes) - consisting of $10,000, each awarded in the form of a check and one (1) Bonus Prize - an iPod valued at $250, which will be awarded on or about July 14, 2008.
Total maximum value of all Prizes and Bonus Prize to be awarded during each of the last Seven (7) Episodes is $140,250. Limit one (1) Prize per person, cell phone and email address per each Episode's Sweepstakes. In the event a winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. Promotion prizes are non-transferable.
13. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by phone. The Show's host or announcer will announce at a designated time during the airing of each of the East Coast and West Coast Broadcasts of each Episode when the Drawing to select the winner for the Episode's respective Broadcast is taking place. The Administrator will make ONLY one (1) attempt to contact the potential winners at the phone number provided on the online registration form or at the cell phone number used to enter within 5 minutes from the time of the on-air announcement of the Drawing. The selected potential winner must agree (where permitted by law) to allow his/her name, home city and state to be announced on the Show. Potential winner must provide all truthful information on the phone call and this information provided by potential winner will be relied upon by Sponsors as confirmation of winner's eligibility. If potential winner is deemed ineligible for any reason, even if such determination occurs after the potential winner has been shown/announced on air, he she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected. If Administrator is unable to reach a potential winner via phone within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. All potential winners (or the parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release (where legal) within seven (7) days of attempted notification. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if required), potential winner forfeits prize even though his/her name may have been shown/announced on air. If prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors may award the prize to an alternate winner (selected from among all eligible entries received for that prize per the Entry Periods specified in these Official Rules.)
Odds of winning a prize in any Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes.
14. Conditions for Participation and Validation of Entries: Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify, and block or discard any entries from any individual who enters by any kind of electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors also reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Internet, electronic and/or text-messaging portions of the Promotion in the event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other causes which, in their sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or suspend the Promotion, in whole or in part, if required by changes in legislation, administrative regulations or related rulings. Please note, by entering, you agree that if selected as the winner, Sponsors have the right to announce your name, home city, and state, and to air your voice on-air during the Show. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified.
15. General Conditions:
- By entering, entrants fully and unconditionally agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Sponsors have the right to modify these rules, in their sole discretion, for clarification purposes at any time without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- Except where prohibited, each winner grants to Sponsors and their advertising agencies the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, city and state and announce on-air winner's name, home city and state in any media (including posting on sponsor-specified websites and television shows/commercials) to promote Sponsors and the Promotion without additional compensation.
- Entrants enter at their own risk. Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors or delays in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Promotion generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all such liability. Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ENTRANTS, THEIR HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, SPOUSE, GUARDIANS, LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES, EXECUTORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASING PARTIES") HEREBY RELEASE SPONSORS AND EACH OF THEM, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM, OR BY REASON OF THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. IN ADDITION, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE RELEASING PARTIES IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE SPONSORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL SUCH CLAIMS BY WHOMEVER ASSERTED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PROMOTION.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES, ONLINE OR BY SMS (TEXT MESSAGING), OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION AND/OR ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT AN ENTRY IS NOT RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. SPONSORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS.
- As a condition of entering the Promotion, entrants, (or parent/legal guardian if participant is a minor) agree that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys fees.
- Sponsors may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Promotion, if at the sole discretion of Sponsors, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts (1) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsors, or their agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in Rules 6 and 7, the authorized account holder of the cellular phone or email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a cellular phone is the natural person in whose name the phone has been issued and to whom services are billed. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants and Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Promotion and selection of the Sweepstakes Prize winners are final.
16. Winners' List: Each Sweepstakes winner's name and home city may be aired on television at the end of each Show episode. In addition, a complete winners' list will be posted online at the Site (www.nbc.com/dond) until July 14, 2008.